Money is fundamentally one of the most “important” things in life.
It can be used towards creating a positive and lasting impact on the world when done correctly and with the right intentions. However, money can also be a source of stress and worry when mishandled.
Worrying about money will not make you rich.
Making money is not difficult once you recognize that it is literally an exchange of value. There is a learning curve for sure though. Especially if you don’t have a traditional 9–5. A mindset shift must occur in order to transition from being a consumer your entire life to becoming a producer.
On this website, I feature a select number of partners and companies that have products that could help my audience. When you purchase something through my partner links, I might get paid for the referral at no extra cost to you. Read the full disclosure here.
How do you prepare for financial abundance?
What are some of the biggest lessons about money and abundance that you can learn? Let’s take a deep dive and explore the many lessons about money and abundance that I wish I had known earlier in life.
1. The importance of having money
Money is important, but it is not the most important thing in life. There are more important things than money, and it can not buy happiness.
The difficulty most face is in keeping it. Saving and investing your money is just as–if not–more important than simply making money. Lottery winners and people with high salary wages go broke and live paycheck to paycheck every day.
Developing your financial literacy is crucial when venturing out into the world as an “adult.” It becomes non-negotiable once you decide to cross that threshold into the entrepreneurial space.
It is literally a pre-requisite.
2. Creating wealth and abundance
You can start creating wealth and abundance by taking small steps and building up slowly. Create an actual plan, first. Then execute that plan every day.
Consistency is one of the main ingredients when developing a recipe for success. Sprinkle in a little bit of confidence and self-belief and you are halfway there.
You don’t have to be perfect to start manifesting immediately. The more gratitude you feel for what you have–the more abundance you will attract into your life.
But you still must have a plan and execute that plan…daily.
3. Having an abundance money mindset
It is important to have a positive money mindset in order to attract wealth and abundance into your life. If you believe that you are deserving of it, then with a sh*t ton of the RIGHT work…it will come to you.
The following are some crucial lessons about money and abundance that I wish I had known about earlier in life:
- You must be clear about what you want in order to attract it into your life.
- Your thoughts and beliefs about money will either attract or repel wealth.
- You must take action in order to receive money.
- Giving can attract more money into your life.
- Be grateful for the money you already have and it will multiply.
- Visualize yourself having abundance and feel the feelings of happiness, joy, and love.
4. Utilizing money for good
Mindset is everything.
An abundance and growth mindset are key to being successful at anything you pursue in life!
You attract who YOU are.
Better to be an optimist and solid person.
If you believe there is plenty of money to go around, then you’ll be open to opportunities to earn and receive more money.
It’s okay to want money. Money is NOT the root of all evil, people are. A different article for another day though…
In fact, obtaining money is natural and healthy!
Money is a tool that can help you achieve your goals and dreams. Just be sure your intentions are good and never allow money to become an obsession.
5. Money doesn’t equate to success
Money is not the only measure of success — you can also be wealthy in other ways such as through relationships. The 4 pillars of life: are health, wealth, love, and happiness. The key to abundance is not to focus on the lack of money but on the abundance of what you DO have.
You can create your own luck by taking action and putting yourself in situations where good things are more likely to happen to you.
It’s okay to want money and material possessions as long as your motivation for wanting them is not greed or a need to fill a hole in your life.
6. Living abundantly
You can live an abundant lifestyle by shifting your perspective and focusing on what you do have, rather than what you don’t have.
The Universe is vast and abundant.
There is enough for everyone. But, I also believe that the Universe is constantly conspiring…
Whether it is for you or against you is completely up to what you focus on, how you feel about yourself and others, and the amount of value you put out into the world.
Reciprocity is a very real thing.
It is how we are hardwired and why platforms like Medium can even exist.
The very act of me composing this article is providing value to the masses. People who choose to reciprocate will do so in the form of a clap, follow, response, and/or subscription.
Focus on providing value as much as you feel comfortable to, and you will begin to see things shift…and when done consistently, exponentially.
You can have what you want without taking it away from someone else.
Scarcity thinking will only lead to more scarcity. Thinking abundantly will lead to more abundance.
You can attract money and abundance into your life by being grateful for what you have and by visualizing and affirming what you want.
One of the best things you can do to increase your abundance is to help others in need. I have volunteered at my local soup kitchens and held the door for strangers with a smile. This is what paying it forward looks like.
Some call it good karma. I call it Human decency.
When you give willingly and enthusiastically, you make someone else’s life better. You also create a flow of good karma that will come back to you in the future. Money and abundance are not just about having more stuff — it is also about having more joy, love, and happiness in your life.
7. Your attitude determines your altitude
Attitude is everything when it comes to money — if you change your mindset, you can change your financial situation.
8. Scary money doesn’t make any money
Negative beliefs about money can keep you from attracting wealth and abundance into your life. Good vibes and bad vibes are very real and almost tangible if you’re tuned in. I’m an empath…so I don’t really have much of a say in what I feel.
I feel everything.
I focus my thoughts and intentions on positivity, gratitude, providing value, and helping others achieve their goals.
In turn, eventually…not only will it attract more of what I want out of my own life, but it will help to form a circle of the kind of people I need in my life.
They say you are a sum of the 4 to 5 people you surround yourself with. The sooner you become serious about your goals and reaching your true potential, the sooner you will get there. You have to put the work it.
Letting go of what and who no longer serves me became easy over time.
It is super necessary and also a form of self-love.
Being “selfish” tends to garner a negative connotation when you are around the wrong people with a negative mindset.
I challenge you to reframe your thinking around self-care, self-worth, self-love, and your overall mental health and well-being. Life is a journey of self-discovery.
So do you, unapologetically.
To further drive the point home to you, the reader:
- Money is not evil.
- You don’t have to be wealthy to be happy.
- It is more important to be wealthy in spirit and love, than just monetarily.
- You can have anything you want, but you can’t have everything you want.
- There is enough money and abundance for everyone.
- Giving and receiving are two sides of the same coin.
9. Give more to get more
The more you give, the more you receive. You create your reality with your thoughts and emotions. Thoughts are things. The universe supports you in your desires.
If more people understood this more… I believe there wouldn’t be so many “Karens” and “Negative Nancys.” That’s just me though.
It is possible to create wealth without money, by using your time, talents, and resources in creative ways.
In the business world, we call that “sweat equity.”
If you are financially strapped…time to roll those sleeves up and begin sweating, profusely.
10. Put your money to work
Money is a powerful tool that can be utilized for the greater good or greater evil–it is up to you how you use it. When you have the funds, you have the ability to help others and make the world a better place. If that is your intention.
However, when you are broke…making an impact will take a lot more elbow grease.
But, it’s definitely doable.
Money is not the most important thing in life — relationships and experiences are. However, having money can certainly make your life easier.
Money is important, but it does not buy happiness. You must find happiness within yourself first.
Having money does not mean that you are wealthy — true wealth comes from having a balance of all areas of life.
You can be rich in 10 years by taking small steps now to build your wealth.
You can get rich in 2 years by taking larger steps and making bigger changes in your life immediately.
Here are a few additional things to consider:
- It is important to manage your money so that you are not stressed about money and can live a happy life. Worrying about money is common, but it is not productive. If you find yourself worrying, take steps to change your thinking and focus on positive things.
- A negative money mindset is one of the biggest obstacles to attracting wealth and abundance into your life. Change your thinking and change your life!
- The first thing you should do with your money is to save it so that you have a cushion for emergencies.
- You can create wealth by investing in yourself, through education, and personal growth.
- You should always be learning about money and finances so that you can make wiser decisions with your money.
- Money is a tool that can be used to make an impact in the world — use it for good and positive change.
- Having money does not mean that you are better than anyone else — everyone is equal.
- You should never feel guilty or ashamed about having money or being wealthy — it is a gift from God.
- Money is an important part of life, but it should not control you or dominate your thoughts.
When it comes to money, it is important to be mindful of your thoughts and feelings.
If you are not feeling confident and positive about money, it can be tough to attract more of it into your life.
Prepare for your financial abundance by working on your mindset, first.
Stop listening to your parents. There, I said it.
Be wary of who you are taking financial advice from, even me.
If they don’t have the level of abundance, money, and resources you seek to obtain…find someone who does.
It really is that simple.
Once you let go of all of the emotional trauma and baggage attached to your past money habits and decisions, your relationship will money will improve and become healthy.
Some of the biggest lessons about money and abundance include:
- You have to be willing to receive. If you’re not open to receiving financial abundance, it will be difficult to attract it into your life. Start by practicing gratitude for the money you already have, and work on becoming more receptive to new opportunities.
- Abundance comes in many forms. Money is just one form of abundance, and there are many other ways to experience abundance in your life. Be open to receiving abundance in all forms, not just financial wealth.
- You have to be willing to let go of negative beliefs about money. If you have any negative beliefs about money, it will be difficult to attract it into your life. Be willing to let go of any limiting beliefs you have about money, and start attracting abundance into your life.
Living your life with these principles in mind, you will find that money and abundance will flow into you more easily and naturally. These lessons about money and abundance have helped me to create a pathway towards a life of financial abundance, and it will do the same for you.